Monday, April 4, 2016

My top 3 fears

Everyone is afraid. Some people live in a state of Constant Horror. I'm afraid and skittish almost all the time, even if sometimes I try to bro-core it off. Angry dogs, actual criminals, natural diasasters, etc...Life gives you many things to fear. This is a list of the things I fear the most.

3. Dying in a car

I was in a terrible car crash in 2006 that my friends and I are almost unrealistically lucky to have survived. People that drive me around probably think I'm a schizoid when minor traffic things happen cuz I grab the door and put my foot down as though I had a brake myself. But dying in a car is terrifying to me...it's too unnatural.

2. Breaking my hands and being unable to write or play guitar anymore

This one is also car-related. When I was a kid I almost always had my hand hanging out the passenger window when my parents drove me around. One day a car kinda came close and I had to pull my arm inside. Ever since that day in like 6th grade I've had the thought in the back of my mind that if I lost my hands I would lose everything. If I couldn't scribble in my notebook or jam on the guitar I would lose all meaning, all purpose, all.

1. Finding true love and happiness

I have this terrible feeling that one day I'll finally find someone and life will start to turn around and that's when I'll finally be diagnosed with irrecovable cirrhosis. It's probably my most lingering thought. It keeps me up at night. I almost want to wallow in lonliness and semi-despair for the rest of my life because I don't want to let anyone down more than I already have.

Rock n roll will never die, but you will.
DRIVE SAFELY


No comments:

Post a Comment