Saturday, November 16, 2013

BAND OVERVIEW: Holly & The Italians

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StJUxSrcpIE


Holly Vincent grew up next to my mom in the early 1970s. My mom had a big crush on her older brother Nick Vincent, who was her first kiss and went on to play keyboards for that band with the "Aquariaus" song.

She didn't know it at the time, but my mom was surrounded by what were to become rock n roll legends. The teen girl who later became "Joan Jett" also went to Taft High School, as well as Cherie Currie. My mom knew them as the "Sunset Girls" because she was kinda awkward and didn't know how to know them.

Holly Vincent was like, the thug of the group. Mom knew her the best because like I said, they were next door neighbors, but she never really got involved.

Holly Vincent dated Joey Ramone for a short while and even made a cover of "I Got You Babe" with him. In my mind, that connects me to The Ramones by proxy.

She became a lesbian and is friends with the Indigo Girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment