Thursday, November 1, 2012

Playlist for October 2012


This is a list of all the full-length albums, EPs, singles, etc that I listened to in the month of October 2012. Its relatively short and markedly more mainstream and boring than my normal playlists but this was a pretty shitty month. At the end of the list are my notes as well as another list of all the bands I saw perform live this month.

10/1/12
Scale The Summit – “Carving Desert Canyons”
Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper – “Bo-Day-Shus”
Jewel – “Pieces of You”
The Gravitys – “Bring You Down”
The Who – “My Generation: The Very Best Of”

10/6/12
Bobby Womack – “The Bravest Man In The World”
Hear The Sirens –  “Renegade”

10/7/12
Dirty Ghosts – “Metal Moon”
Raw Power – 1983 demo
Alanis Morissette – “Jagged Little Pill”
Jeremy Fiswell performing Louis Vierne’s “Organ Symphony No. 1”
Beck – “The Information”

10/9/12
Grimes – “Visions”

10/10/12
O’ Brother – “Garden Window”
Incubus – “Morning View”
Justice - “Audio, Visual, Disco”
Metallica – “Master of Puppets”
Moon Pearl – “Pearl Jams” EP

10/11/12
“Weird Al” Yankovic – “Bad Hair Day”
Mana – “Exiliados en la Bahia: Lo Mejor de Mana” Disc 1

10/12/12
V/A – “Lost Highway” OST
Psychedelic Furs – “All of This and Nothing”

10/14/12
The Blasters – “Testament: Complete Slash Recordings 1981-1985” Disc 1
V/A – “MTV’s AMP”
The Blasters – “Testament: Complete Slash Recordings 1981-1985” Disc 2

10/15/12
Garbage – S/T
Palle Danielsson – “Contra Ppst”
Midtown – “Living Well Is The Best Revenge”
Badblood – “Slaughterhouse Blues” EP

10/16/12
Losing Skin – “I: Infinite Death”
Godspeed You! Black Emperor – “’Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend!”
Sleepwalkers – “The Wolf & The Moon” EP

10/20/12
The Replacements – “Pleased To Meet Me”

10/21/12
Funeral Oration – “Shadowland” EP
Funeral Oration – “Communion”

10/22/12
Leftmore – “Dog Catcher” EP

10/23/12
Black Sheep Wall – “No Matter Where It Ends”

10/26/12
Johnathan Barefoot and the Bulrushers – “Things Found While Digging Through Trash”

10/29/12
Bronson Caves – “Raw Tracks” demo
Ancient Crux – “Stage Fright” EP

10/30/12
Typical Apache – “Slip” single
Healing – “I Should Have Killed My Roommates” EP
Merit – “The One Day Demos Vol. II” EP

NOTES:
-          This is a pretty goddamn mainstream playlist, if I do say so myself
-          I listened to songs from “Carving Desert Canyons” almost every day during my senior year at UCI
-          Between Jewel and Alanis Morissette I think the first week of this last month more than met my yearly requirement for 90s angsty girl lite-rock….O wait nevermind I listened to Garbage later on. Jesus.
-           “MTV’s AMP” was the first electronic release I ever bought and it still holds up today
-          Those early Funeral Oration 12”s are still some of my alltime favorites
I also saw Motherboy (three times), The Coltranes (five times including a cover set), Trey The Ruler, Troubled Coast, My Iron Lung, Aukerman, Life Support, Hear The Sirens, Flex, Higher Learning, Spring Break 95, Apathean, Gloominous Doom, Pure Shit, Scape Native, VITA, Beside Myself, Cash Crop, Crisis Arm (twice, once at practice) Leftmore, Seizures, Eager Sea, Indian Taker, Just Nick, JJ & Friends (cover set), The Ugly (cover set), Desperate Living (cover set), Bronson Caves, Ancient Crux, and Light Light perform live.

No comments:

Post a Comment