Saturday, November 19, 2016

INTERVIEW: Ryan from Frustrated and Seance 9/20/16

This interview was conducted in between bands at Awakening Church 9/20/16. To inform what much of our conversation is about: During Frustrated's set I was in the moshpit and apparently ran into a girl behind me or something, and it all almost turned into a big scurfuffle. I was frankly surprised at what was going on because I didn't feel like I touched anybody at all but half the crowd was against me and others also didn't see the problem. We also talk about music and stuff too. Much like my interview with Lost Cause, there are other cast members to this interview and there was a lot of noise in the background so I apologize to anybody if I got their name or anything wrong. It spirals into heavy breakfast talk at the end.

IAN: This is Ian, who am I speaking with right now?
RYAN: This is Ryan from Frustrated and Seance
ROJELIO: Rojelio Barro, Road Dawg
I: Alright, so let's go over what just happened during the mosh pit right now, from your point of view
R: Just inconveniences, really. I don't really know. To me it doesn't really matter that much because shit's bound to happen but in all honesty, just people got pissed and shit escalated way too much. I feel like it's all misconstrued bullshit. Like, from what I understand - I didn't really see anything happen - but someone said that a girl got hit. I mean, girls know what they're getting themselves into by going to shows and shit. Like, it's not new. Girls just as much as guys or anybody who identifies as anything different knows, if you go to a show you're gonna get hit
I: I feel like somehow I was the guy swinging my arms I guess [but] I didn't mean to hit anyone. I didn't even realize I had hit anyone. So from that point of view, like, how do you make reconciliation?
[Female voice from background, later identified as TAYLOR]: Just, if you hit someone, and you feel that you've hit someone, then stop
I: I didn't feel that I did
T: Okay but lets say that you did, you just kinda look back and see who it is, kinda tap'em on the shoulder
I: Well thats normally what I would do, of course. I didn't even know that I had even tapped or run into anyone. So I don't know who it was [that I hit] but...what was your name just so I can properly identify you in this interview?
T: Taylor
R: Yeah, I mean, from my point of view - I didn't see what happened - but you were just moshing and shit and I really appreciate that coming from, like, the musician side of things
I: I was just trying to rock out
R: No, I'm totally all for that shit. That's what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to feel the music
I: So, I feel bad if in any way I would have disrupted anybody. I'm glad I was able to talk to you, I don't know who it was maybe I should [apologize] to
R: I mean, you and I both know it wasn't intentional. You just felt the music, which is what we're here for, you know? This shit is about getting out your aggression but you're also having fun with the music. Some people go and, like, target people at shows, which is bullshit. In those cases, whatever chip is on your shoulder, deal with it on your own time. But if you're just moving and having fun , I don't see why people would get pissed over that. You're just enjoying yourself. You didn't mean to hurt anybody
I: No, no, not at all. Well I'm glad you agree with me on that point. Thank you for talking with me. Do you have stuff coming up, like any records or anything
R: Yeah we're releasing a 2-song promo tape on October 11th with Hyperjoint [sic?] Records. It's gonna be 2 songs off our new 10-inch called "I've Lost Myself" which will be out next year. That's 7 new songs.
I: Word. What's your favorite breakfast food?
R: French toast. All the way
I: French toast?
R: I've been a breakfast head since day one. Anybody who says breakfast is just for the morning is a fucking liar. I'll eat breakfast at 6pm, I'll eat breakfast at 3 in the morning
[Male voice from the background, later identified (I think) as ROY: Anybody who says "girly" breakfasts are only for girls are idiots cuz I fucking love pancakes with strawberries
I: Wait, wait, what's your name?
ROY: Roy
I: [To Rojelio] And what's your favorite breakfast food
ROJELIO: Uhhhhhh...
ROY: Pussy
ROJELIO: I don't know
ROY: I always get strawberry banana pancakes
[Ruckus begins in the background as next band starts up]
R: You got any other questions for me?
I: Really I just wanted to clarify that I didn't assault anyone
R: No you didn't you were just having fun
I: Alright well as long as we're all good. Again, thank you for your time
R: Thanks for talking with us man
I: Do you guys have any plans on playing around town more or going on tour or anything
R: We were supposed to tour this year but a lot of us have work and shit and we're busy writing records so we're taking a break from touring for the rest of this year but next year....
[Background music becomes too loud to talk any further]

https://frustratedxxx.bandcamp.com/
 https://seanceca.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment