Saturday, January 25, 2014

DAD REVIEW: John George Campbell

   I'm supposed to play an acoustic show tonight so I put my guitar in the car in case that maybe I have to go straight from the call center to the warehouse, or what if I end up at Spenny's or something and I don't go home at all? It'll be such a bigger hassle for everybody involved if I have to go back to the house and get my guitar, especially since I am playing alone with just that.
   But we got to talking about life stuff on the way to the office and when I got out I just ran inside because Elaina wasn't gonna be there and I had to unlock the door for everybody else to get in.
   I just got on the phones like usual and didn't think about the guitar until all the sudden my dad walked in the office with it. He could see I was on a call and didn't want to disturb me but he put it next to my cubicle and kinda motioned at me. When I got off the call he was already halfway out the door but I yelled at him, "Thank you! I love you dad!" and he turned back and waved. It had been enough time since I got dropped off that clearly he had probably gotten all the way home and then turned back around to get my guitar to me, because he knew I would be freaking out once I realized my own mistake.

   A few minutes later my coworker Ashley, a 27-year-old single mother of an 8-year-old girl she struggles every day to support, looked at me and said, "You know what you have, right?"
   And I said, "Yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment