Sunday, February 10, 2013

Playlist for January 2013

This is a list of all the full-length albums, EPs, and demos that I listened to in the month of January 2013. Followed are my notes and a list of all the live music I saw this past month.

1/1/13
The Gravitys - "Unplugged in Murrieta" EP

1/4/13
Good Riddance - "For God and Country"
Replica - 2012 demo
Oi Polloi - "The Oi! Years"

1/5/13
Good Riddance - "Ballads from the Revolution"
Depth Affect - "Arche-Lymb"
The Fox & Bear Band - "Drive Like Your Child" EP
Good Riddance - "The Phenomenon of Craving"
Cock Sparrer - "Shock Troops"
Cock Sparrer - "Runnin' Wild in 84"
Sex Pistols - "Anarchy in the UK" live album
Lars Fredriksen & The Bastards - S/T
Dropdead - S/T 1998 LP

1/6/13
Dropkick Murphys - "The Gang's All Here"
Zone - "The First Blow is Half the Battle" EP
Zone - "Win Back to Sanity" EP
Advanced Placement - S/T EP
Aus Rotten - "Anti Imperialist" EP
Aus Rotten - "Fuck Nazi Sympathy" EP
U.S. Bombs - "Back to the Laundromat"
Total Chaos - "Punk Invasion"
The Casualties - "The Early Years 1990-1995"
The Casualties - "Underground Army"
Wale - "Attention Deficit"

1/7/13
Zounds - "Curse of the Zounds"
Cabin Fire - "Humid City" EP

1/8/13
Tidemouth - "What I Meant To Say"

1/11/13
Crass - "Penis Envy"
Avail - "Live at the King's Head Inn"
Aviator/Spirit Fangs - split EP

1/12/13
Charged GBH - "Clay Punk Singles Collection"
The Unseen - "Lower Class Crucifixion"

1/13/13
Michale Graves - "Punk is Dead"
MG-15 - "Derecho a la Vida" EP
Wayne County & The Electric Chairs - S/T EP
The Love Below - 2009 Demo
Kraut - "Kill for Christ" EP
Killing The Dream - "Fractures"
From Ashes Rise - "Nightmares"
The Wretched/Indigesti - split EP
Most Precious Blood - "Our Lady of Annihilation"
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Howl"
Boysetsfire - "The Day The Sun Went Out"
Lamb Of God - "Ashes of the Wake"
I Set My Friends On Fire - "You Can't Spell 'Slaughter' Without 'Laughter'"
Metallica - "...And Justice For All"

1/14/13
Radiohead - "Hail to the Thief"
Splintered Hands - "Datura" EP
Myotonia - S/T EP
The Haven - 2-song promo CD

1/15/13
Burnt By The Sun - "Soundtrack to the Personal Revolution"
Ocean Hands - "Day Dreamer" EP

1/18/13
V/A - "Rogan Records Summer Smash 2010"
V/A - "PooPoo Platter: 8 Laramie Bands Present a 12-Course Comp."
Dash Jacket - "Romance"
Atreyu - "A Death-Grip on Yesterday"
Obscurer - S/T
The Paper Chase - "Now You Are One Of Us"

1/19/13
Impact Unit - "My Friend The Pit" EP
Underage - "Africani" EP
Acao Direto - "Revolta, Repudio, Confronto, Resistencia"

1/20/13
Jimmy Eat World - "Stay On My Side Tonight"
Sinergy - "Beware the Heavens"
The Kills - "No Wow"
The Gravitys - May 2011 demo
Redd Kross - "Teen Babes From Monsanto" EP
Dredg - "Orph" EP
Avenged Sevenfold - "City of Evil"
Autopsy - "Fiend for Blood" EP
Groovie Ghoulies - "Fun in the Dark"

1/21/13
S.O.D. - "Speak Swedish or Die" EP
A Static Lullaby - "Rattlesnake!"
Starvist - "Taker Mythology" EP
Cartel - "Chroma"
Careless Days - "The Miracle" EP
TM Juke - "Forward"

1/22/13
Reflect - "The Sun Also Rises" EP
V/A - "Punk Rock Strike Vol. 3"
Careless Days - "Coming Clean"

1/23/13
Cani - "Guai a Voi!" EP
When Whales Collide - "By Default"

1/25/13
Dredg - "Leitmotif"
Against Me! - "Reinventing Axl Rose"
Wretched Philiproy - Demo

1/27/13
Careless Days - Demo 2006
Reig - "Disarm" EP
Fleetwood Mac - "Rumours"

1/28/13
Bob Marley - "Soul Rebel: Forever Gold"
The Final Burden - "Retribution"
Centertown Insurgents - "Dumpster Dive" demo CD

1/29/13
Careless Days - "Watch Your Mouth" EP
Upside Drown - "Mood Music"
Stephen Steinbrink - "I Drew A Picture"
Chain Reaction - "Gabbie" EP
Shotgun Solution - "Shotgun" EP

1/30/13
Entombed - "Black Juju"

1/31/13
My American Heart - "The Meaning in the Make-up"
Burnt By The Sun - "The Perfect is the Enemy of the Good"
The Ataris - "So Long, Astoria"

NOTES:
- Don't judge me for starting my year off with my own band.
- I was still finishing off Mark's CD case at the beginning of this month; that's my excuse for all the shitty street punk
- I liked Good Riddance a lot more when I was a kid than I do now.
- I like Cock Sparrer a lot more now than I did when I was a kid
- The Japanese hardcore band Zone must have been a bit tiffed when the Japanese girl-pop group Zone came out and got huge a few years later
- Fuck Nazi Sympathy
- Those Total Chaos and The Unseen CDs sucked even worse than I expected they would
- I went waaay too long without Zounds on my iTunes
- Michale Graves is a piece of shit
- Burnt By The Sun has been unfairly forgotten
- "Hail to the Thief" is without a doubt the most boring Radiohead album
- Old school Italian hardcore is so hectic and dope...VIVA LA TUA VITA
- That was the first time I had ever listened to "Rumours" in its entirety
- I listened to covers albums from Redd Kross and Entombed and they were both pretty cool...Entombed version of "Lost" by Jerry's Kids was stuck in my head after its so heavy

Live Shows:
1/4 - Replica/ACxDC/Fissure @ The Dial
1/5 - Paul Clonts/Jill Elardo @ The Dial Open Mic
1/8 - Katfkta/(end of the summer)/Just Nick/Jill Elardo/Bazil of Bakerstreet @ The Dial
1/21 - Tittyfucker/Beanvian Stalks Guava/Holy Spaceman @ The Dial
1/26 - Agent Orange/The Coltranes @ The Vault
1/27 - Welcome To Now/Ocean Man/Day Dreamer @ The Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment