Sunday, July 15, 2012

Playlist for June 2012


These are all the albums, EPs, demos, etc that I listened to in the month of June 2012. Afterwards are my notes and a list of the live performances I saw this month.
6/1/12
Cannibal Corpse – “Worm Infested” EP
The Gravitys – “Bring You Down”

6/2/12
U2 – “Achtung Baby”
Ronald Jenkees – “Disorganized Fun”

6/3/12
His Hero Is Gone – “Dead Of Night In 8 Movements” EP
V/A – “NOW! That’s What I Call Classic Rock Hits!”
Boots Randolph – “Yakety Sax!”
The Brian Jonestown Massacre – “Aufheben”

6/9/12
Blur – “Parklife”
Carl Nielsen – “Alladin Suite”

6/12/12
The Smiths – “Best…”

6/13/12
Limerent Dance Machine – “Dream A Reason Why”

6/26/12
Xerxes – “Our Home is a Deathbed”
Refused – “The Shape Of Punk To Come”

6/27/12
Whitechapel – S/T
Kishi Bashi – “151a”
Upon A Burning Body – “Red. White. Green.”
White Arrows – “Get By” 7”
I, The Breather – “Truth and Purpose”
Daughn Gibson – “Lite Me Up” single
Anthrax – “Worship Music”
Fidlar – “No Waves/No Ass” 7”
Sleigh Bells – “Reign of Terror”

6/28/12
Goatwhore – “Blood For The Monster”
Nite Jewel – “One Second Of Love”
Job For A Cowboy – “Demonocracy”

6/29/12
Simian Mobile Disco – “Unpatterns”



NOTES:
-          I <3 Cannibal Corpse
-          My band The Gravitys recorded our album a few days before the month began so I listened to the rough copies of it A LOT all month. MUCH more than that listing on the first. Suffice to say I would probably have to put it on each day’s list so I’ll get let the June 1 listing take the heat.\
-          I had wanted “Disorganized Fun” for a long time after seeing Ronald Jenkees’ online videos. Then one day I was having breakfast in the living room and lo and behold its sitting there mashed between the coach cushions, completely wrapped. Who bought this? Where did it come from?
-          Limerent Dance Machine is dope
-          I guess it makes sense that Whitechapel’s self-titled album is their most generic yet
-          The new Anthrax is SO FUCKING DOPE
-          The new Goatwhore album is competing with the new COC album for “best metal album of 2012” in my mind
-          Job For A Cowboy, can I have word with you real quick? “Demonocracy”? Really? In the words of Wayne Campbell, “I know it’s a small part, but do we have to put up with this?”

I also saw The Tea Party Crashers and Archimedes, Watch Out! perform live. Another month of only one show? Something tells me I’m not keeping track of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment